Today is our dog Reggie’s 11th birthday. Yesterday I was thinking about how he has impacted our lives in such a powerful way. As a mother of three sons, I can honestly say that I cannot imagine a better way for them to have learned about unconditional love, responsibility, loyalty, and the importance of hugging and chilling out in a ray of sunlight than from Reggie. He has made my sons better men and I would not have been half the mom I am without him. Love my furry son with all of my heart.
Things We Learn From Our Dogs:
- Always leave room in your schedule for a good nap.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
- Always give people a friendly greeting.
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- If you stare at someone long enough, eventually they will pay attention to you.
- Always look for love
- Don’t go anywhere without I.D.
- If at first you don’t succeed, beg.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- When it’s in your best interest, practice obedience.
- When it’s in your best interest- break the rules.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Run, romp and play daily.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
- Let others know when they’ve invaded your territory.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- On hot days, drink lots of water and lay under a shady tree.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body. (Do this often)
Top Ten Doggy Quotes:
- Some days you’re the dog and some days you’re the hydrant ~ Unknown
- Outside of a dog, a book is probably man’s best friend, and inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read… ~ Groucho Marx
- Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole. ~ Rogar Carass
- A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. ~ Josh Billings
- If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went. ~ Unknown
- The average dog is nicer than the average person. ~ Andrew Rooney
- A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down. ~ Robert Benchley
- Did you ever walk into a room and forget why you walked in? I think that is how dogs spend most of their lives. ~ Sue Murphy
- In order to keep a true perspective of one’s importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him. ~ Derek Bruce
And my favorite:
- The only creatures that have evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants. ~ Johnny Depp
Gathered from the internet plus a few original ones. Did you hug your puppy today?
© 2014 InnerMom
Judy Banks, Chopra Center Vedic Master, AADP Certified Holistic Health Coach
All right reserved- Reproduce with Permission only