This is another great quinoa recipe that looks absolutely fabulous on a platter! My apologies for not having a picture. This one was discovered by my sister, Beth!
From the Food Network ~ Mary Sue Milliken & Susan Feniger
- 12 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 5 pickling cucumbers, peeled, ends trimmed, and cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 large tomato, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 bunches mint leaves, chopped ( I like a little less mint)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 heads endive, trimmed and separated into individual spears
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced, for garnish
Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the quinoa, stir once, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, over medium heat for 12 minutes. Strain and rinse well with cold water., shaking the sieve well to remove all moisture.
When dry, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl. Add the cucumbers, onion, tomato, parsley, mint, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss well. Spoon onto endive spears, top with avocado, and serve.