Broccoli Rabe is high in vitamins C, K, and A, as well as dietary fiber; it also contains multiple nutrients with potent anti-cancer properties, such as diindolylmethane and small amounts of selenium. A single serving provides more than 30 mg of Vitamin C. A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer. Broccoli consumption has also shown that it is beneficial in the prevention of heart disease.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of sea salt
- Wash broccoli rabe and cut stems into 1-2 inch pieces.
- Warm oil in pan and add garlic; sauté for a few minutes.
- Add broccoli rabe and sea salt, then sauté for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, cover and allow to steam for about 2 minutes. Check for desired tenderness.
- If needed add a bit more water and allow to steam for a few more minutes.
Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.